From Gun Retort
Revision as of 22:55, 5 August 2018 by
Your strong rebuttals are right here. You may also click any statement to get the Deep-Dive.
- Draft:Democrats want to take away our guns
- Draft:Drunk-driving laws do nothing
- Draft:Guns Would Have Saved the Jews from the Nazis
- Draft:If you keep guns away from dangerous people, then they will use trucks/knives/bombs/etc.
- Then you can defend yourself with trucks/knives/bombs/etc.
- Countries with strong gun regulation don't have excess school bombings.
- There's no such thing as a "mass knifing".
- Draft:Let's arm teachers.
- Draft:Safety precautions eliminate the wisdom of natural selection. People won't think for themselves-- they will think everything without a warning label is safe.
- Should parents inform their kids "don't touch a hot stove, and don't run into traffic"? Or should parents just allow "natural selection" to take it's course?
- If fools believe everything without a warning label is safe, they will suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Your "natural selection" is intact, with or without warning labels.
- I agree, to an extent. Americans are removed from the killing or growing of their own food, war is a TV show, corporate advertisers promote buying stuff over DIY hand-crafting. Traditional gun culture is rooted in a more hands-on, DIY culture, which we've lost. Americans have become consumer bots. This is related to our wastefulness-- we're out of touch with our impact on the planet. We want our Starbucks coffee, and don't think about how all that plastic is ruining the oceans.
- Draft:The 2nd Amendment was intended for personal self-defense
- 2A establishes state-level, regulated militias to protect the federal government from domestic insurrection.
- 2A does not give anyone the right to possess weapons for personal protection, or to threaten the US government.
- The Constitution says Congress (not Walmart) shall provide the weapons for gun-owners.
- The Constitution says States have the authority to require training for gun-owners.
- Draft:The Founders intended gun rights for civilian-led police. 2A was intended to protect the federal government from insurrection, not to provide personal protection for citizens.
- Draft:The Militia clause of the Second Amendment is unenforceable. The Militia Clause is the only reason 2A exists. 2A is not about personal protection, nor about empowering citizens with weapons to intimidate or revolt from the government. 2A exists only for the purpose of creating State Militias, in order to protect the federal government from threats foreign and domestic, and in order to eliminate a federal army.
- Draft:Victims of gun-violence are crisis actors