Unlicensed sales are allowed by law.
From Gun Retort
Short Retort[edit | edit source]
- True. U.S. Code § 922 implies that unlicensed sellers have the authority to determine whether a buyer is prohibited from buying a gun.
- True, and the laws should be revised or repealed.
Claim Rationale[edit | edit source]
- This law allows private gun sales by UNlicensed sellers, same as you can sell your car without being a licensed car dealer.
- U.S. Code § 922 states:
"It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person" is prohibited by law from buying or possessing a gun.
That implies that the law allows sales by an unlicensed seller.
Retort Deep-Dive[edit | edit source]
- This is the so-called "Gun Show Loophole".
Related[edit | edit source]
Pages Tagged: CommonGround
- Debate Tips
- Draft:Don't blame guns for inner-city violence.
- Draft:You can't blame guns for socioeconomic problems.
- Liberals falsely claim accidents count as "school shootings"
- Draft:Gun violence does not exist. There is only violence.
- Draft:The Civil War Isn't Over
- Courts ruled the National Firearms Act "unconstitutional".
- The U.S. does NOT have the world highest gun-homicide rate.
- Draft:All governments are tyrannical by nature.
- Draft:Waiting periods have proven worthless.
- Domestic Terrorism in the U.S.
- How to Report Domestic Terrorism
- Draft:The NRA Uses Fear-Mongering to Sell Guns
- Draft:It’s a felony to sell a new gun without a background check.
- Draft:Self-Defense is a God-Given Right
- Draft:Second Amendment
- Draft:The 2nd Amendment protects all citizens right to possess unlimited arms of any type.
- Draft:Return This Woman's Guns
- Draft:Pro-Gun Allies
- Draft:ANY new gun legislation will ultimately lead to the confiscation of ALL guns from ALL citizens.
- Draft:Terrorism: Causes & Solutions