Your strong rebuttals are right here. You may also click any statement to get the Deep-Dive.
- A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun.
- Who decides who's a "good guy"? What if a bad guy believes he's a good guy?
- Vigilantism results in mayhem, in which the most aggressive people dominate.
- Courts ruled the National Firearms Act "unconstitutional".
- Absolutely false. The exact opposite is the truth. The Supreme Court ruled that the National Firearms Act taxation on sawed-off shotguns was NOT unconstitutional, and NOT a violation of the 2nd Amendment, because that type of weapon had no function in a well-regulated militia.
- Liberals falsely claim accidents count as "school shootings"
- I agree. An accidental discharge of a security guard's firearm is not a "school shooting".
- But that's just one group, called "Everytown for Gun Safety", not "Liberals".
- No gun control laws anywhere ever worked to reduce gun-violence.
- False. States with stronger gun laws tend to have fewer gun deaths.
- But it's true that guns alone are not the whole problem. We have to fix society.
- The U.S. does NOT have the world highest gun-homicide rate.
- True. Countries with civil wars, domestic terrorism, and high poverty have higher gun-homicide rates.
- The U.S. has the world highest gun-homicide rate among high-income countries.
- The U.S. has the highest rate of mass-shooters among all countries.
- Trucks are being used to commit mass murders in Europe.
- In far fewer numbers:
- You can't rob a store with a truck. You can't shoot your ex with a truck. Your baby can't accidentally discharge a truck. An angry teenager can't shoot up a school with a truck. It's an absurd comparison.
- Unlicensed sales are allowed by law.
- True. U.S. Code § 922 implies that unlicensed sellers have the authority to determine whether a buyer is prohibited from buying a gun.
- True, and the laws should be revised or repealed.