No gun control laws anywhere ever worked to reduce gun-violence.
From Gun Retort
Short Retort[edit | edit source]
- False. States with stronger gun laws tend to have fewer gun deaths.
- But it's true that guns alone are not the whole problem. We have to fix society.
Claim Rationale[edit | edit source]
Retort Deep-Dive[edit | edit source]
- The chart below shows that, as gun laws become stronger, gun deaths generally decrease.
- However, it's not that simple-- the same chart shows some states have stronger laws and more deaths than some states with weaker laws.
- That proves that fixing gun laws is not the whole solution-- we must also fix society. Which may be even more difficult than changing gun laws. Also mean gun-control advocates must recognize that pro-gun advocates have a point. Draft:Is_violence_good_for_the_economy?