Draft:Diabetes kills more people than guns.
From Gun Retort
Short Retort[edit | edit source]
- Person with diabetes to person who's child was just shot in a classroom: "How dare you complain? I have diabetes."
- Heart-disease kills more people than diabetes. Should diabetes research therefor be shut down?
- It's not just about the casualty numbers-- school shootings are psychological devastating for kids and communities.
Claim Rationale[edit | edit source]
- We should spend far more time talking about diabetes than guns, because because number of deaths is all that matters.
Retort Deep-Dive[edit | edit source]
- The trauma of getting shot is not equivalent to the trauma of getting diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes can be delayed or prevented by personal lifestyle-choices. Preventing mass shootings requires societal changes.
- By what logic are we only allowed to fix one social problem at a time? We can walk and chew gum at the same time.