Extended analyses of specific claims, including supporting data and documents.
This list includes both Draft and Published articles. This category uses the form Retort.
- A good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun.
- Draft:All governments are tyrannical by nature.
- Draft:All people have a natural right to self-defense.
- Draft:Almost all states require training to get a concealed-carry permit.
- Draft:America has a tradition of gun-ownership among law-abiding citizens.
- Draft:America has more school shootings because black people.
- Draft:Assault weapons shouldn't be banned because all long guns are equally dangerous.
- Draft:Democrats want to take away our guns
- Draft:Let's arm teachers.
- Draft:Cheat Sheet
- Draft:Drunk-driving laws do nothing
- Draft:Guns Would Have Saved the Jews from the Nazis
- Draft:Victims of gun-violence are crisis actors
- Courts ruled the National Firearms Act "unconstitutional".
- Draft:Criminals who have guns now will never give up their guns willingly. Only when they're arrested.
- Draft:Depriving someone who hasn't committed a crime of their right to bear arms, on the basis of past behavior, is a violation of the right to due process.
- Draft:Diabetes kills more people than guns.
- Draft:Don't ask me to back up my claims-- do your own research.
- Draft:Don't blame guns for inner-city violence.
- Draft:Don't penalize legal gun owners, because killers don't get their guns legally.
- Draft:If we disarm citizens, then we should disarm the police and government too.
- Draft:If you ban guns, bad guys will manufacture their own weapons.
- Draft:If you ban guns, people will just want guns more.
- Draft:If you ban guns, people will manufacture guns at home.
- Draft:If you keep guns away from dangerous people, then they will use trucks/knives/bombs/etc.
- Draft:If you make guns harder to obtain, criminals will use other weapons.
- Draft:Insult, abuse, ridicule.
- Draft:It's hypocritical for pro-gun-control politicians to have armed security guards.
- Draft:It’s a felony to sell a new gun without a background check.
- Draft:Safety precautions eliminate the wisdom of natural selection. People won't think for themselves-- they will think everything without a warning label is safe.
- Draft:So, I can buy a gun-safe, show the receipt, and then return the safe to the store.
- Draft:States Rights, Darn It.
- Draft:Student anti-gun protests are "state-sponsored", because students are directed to protest by their schools, and schools represent the State.
- Draft:Talking about gun laws after a shooting is insensitive to gun violence victims.
- Draft:The 2nd Amendment needs to be enforced, not repealed.
- Draft:The 2nd Amendment was intended for personal self-defense.
- Draft:The Constitution guarantees citizens' right to defend ourselves with guns against a tyrannical government.
- Draft:The Founding Fathers believed an armed citizenry prevented tyranny.
- Draft:The Second Amendment was intended to enable citizens to protect themselves from the government through armed uprising.
- Draft:The solution is to throw criminals in jail.
- The U.S. does NOT have the world highest gun-homicide rate.
- Draft:There's no silver bullet to eliminate gun violence.
- Draft:You can't blame guns for socioeconomic problems.
- Draft:You can't stop gun-theft, they steal them by the boxcar off train tracks.
- Draft:You're not qualified to have a valid position on gun laws, gun safety, or gun control, if you don't have hands-on knowledge of gun technology, or if you've never used a gun.